I can't believe that nine months tomorrow marks the day that I sat down and created Amy Elizabeth Fashion! My blogging journey has been an absolute whirlwind since then, so I decided to reflect on the 5 most exciting things that have happened in that time, and the 5 best things I've learnt about blogging!
Highlights of My Blogging Journey
1. Obviously the absolute highlight has to be my Cosmo Blog Award nomination!
2. Modelling for Motel Rocks in London as part of their AW14 blogger shoots
3. Reaching a collective following of over 9,000
4. Reaching 100,000 page views
5. Heading to London Fashion Week to see three different shows
Things I've Learnt On my Journey
1. Bloggers are the nicest people you will ever meet. I have made some friends through blogging that I hold extremely close to my heart. They are some of the loveliest people I have ever met and are unbelievably supportive of one another! Some of these lovely bloggers include Kemples, Nisha, Ellie and Jasmine!
2. Events can be a fantastic way to network! Not only have I met some amazing bloggers at events, but some of these events have lead to me completing internships and work placements with those companies, helping me get one step closer to pursuing a career within the fashion industry
3. Stay true to yourself. There is no point setting yourself unrealistic goals or trying to blog about things you aren't passionate about. To love blogging, you have to love what you're blogging about!
4. Being a blogger isn't 'easy'. I think there is a huge assumption that bloggers live a glamourous life and become internet sensations over night. This is not the case... an incredible amount of hard work goes into every single blog post, picture and layout! And I love every minute of it
5. A little bit of kindness goes a really long way. Ask any blogger... It can really make your day when someone takes just a little bit of time to acknowledge what you are writing about and leaves a lovely comment on your blog. Whenever I read blog posts that I love, I make sure to leave a comment behind to let the blogger know I appreciate their work. I am so grateful to every single person who reads and comments on my blog, and I hope you continue to do so!